Monday, May 26, 2008

Nifty Thrift Picks of the Week (5.26.08)

Sharing my weekly faves from the Nifty Thrift flickr group where people post pics of their nifty thrifty finds:


my precious
Originally uploaded by
thriftybean

As I told thriftybean in her flickr comments, I don't believe I have ever in my life coveted a stapler... but this one, I definitely do! They just don't make office supplies like they used too. That lovely shade of robin's egg blue along with the stainless steel is so visually appealing that I would be tempted to display it rather than use it for stapling! The fact that it was free from a garage sale makes it an even better find!



Continuing on the theme of lovely vintage office supplies, this old manual pencil sharpener makes me all nostalgic for grade school and number two pencils. Just looking at it I can almost smell the pencil shavings... mmm... and score, only 50 cents!



Ok, so this has absolutely nothing to do with office supplies, but lately I've been really into white floaty undergarments/nightwear and this piece is just so lovely! Such sweet details: the layered peter pan collar, the ruffles, the bow, and the puffed sleeves. So so pretty!

3 comments:

Vintage-at-Heart Designs said...

Thanks for the nice comment and featuring my sharpener in your blog.

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad my stapler makes you happy! wouldn't it be so cute in pink?

Andrea Eames said...

Wow, vintage office supplies! Great idea. Way to jazz up something so utilitarian ... although I must admit I have a slight stationery fetish anyway :)