Monday, May 5, 2008

Nifty Thrift Picks of the Week (5.05.08)

Sharing my weekly faves from the Nifty Thrift flickr group where people post pics of their nifty thrifty finds:


Little bird doll teaset
Originally uploaded by
Oliveark


Oh Oliveark, clearly you can do no wrong! Another week, another adorable tea set. Funny how they seem to be growing in size...while last week's set was practically microscopic, this early 60's lusterware doll set is merely small. But apparently good things come in small packages because it is absolutely stunning! Those little birdies and the trees with the flowers... oh the cuteness of it all... and in the description it says they are to be used for teddy bear picnics... SO PRECIOUS!



Pull Me
Originally uploaded by phlora


I love cute wooden baby toys and I can just imagine finding this perfect little specimen swimming in a sea of plastic, what a score! I wish I could find more toys like this for Clover but they seem to be pretty rare in my thrift stores. The two tone green with the pops of red on this adorable rolling caterpillar make such a perfect color combo and it appears to be in such great condition! Not to mention the way it is pictured here just steals my heart!



Favorite Shoes
Originally uploaded by
beccabluebonnet


In addition to the black oxfords, I've also been searching for a pair of brown lace-ups for what seems like ages, in fact they are probably at the top of my list of things I look for when I go thrifting these days. What is it with me and shoes? Well, beccabluebonnet is the lucky owner of this lovely pair and I can see why they are her favorites. The color is perfect, they are nicely worn in and look super comfy, and the woven detail is the best!

No comments: