Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Little White Dress


The little black dress has long been considered a woman’s most important wardrobe staple, but I have to say I’ll take the little white dress over the little black one any day. While the little black dress conjures images of high heels and cocktails at a chic soiree, the little white dress makes me think of bare feet and daisy chains in a sunny field. It’s the clean fresh innocence of the little white dress that makes it so appealing.

Inspired by the wearing of children’s clothes I’ve been seeing amongst many a stylish wardrobe remixer as of late, I decided to check out the kid’s section on my last trip to the Goodwill. There on the teen dresses rack was this white cotton dress with little blue flowers embroidered onto its precious peter pan collar and just big enough to fit me.



In the pics, I’m standing under a giant rose bush in the process of dropping all of its spent blooms and feeling a little like a flower girl at a garden wedding with all the dried petals crunching beneath my boots. And I just realized today is May Day, how perfect!

I love how the lighting in this shot makes it look like I’m stepping through the gate into some enchanted light filled realm. Unfortunately, that light filled realm is only my neighbor’s driveway. That’s their garage door I’m walking toward. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute dress! I'm still on the lookout for one of my own.

Milla said...

I may have said this before but this dress is SO darling! And I love the hole in the fence, it's very Secret Garden with the otherworldly light and all...

Unknown said...

Beautiful white dress, I love it.

Missa said...

Thanks sweet ladies :)