Sunday, May 18, 2008

100% Thrifted Pick of the Week (5.18.08)

This week in the 100% Thrifted flickr pool, Miss Sally Jane of Sally Jane Vintage stole the show, with not one… not two… but three… stellar vintage ensembles! I am such a fan of this girl’s style. She does vintage with an edge like no one else, and in my opinion, is a thrifting genius! Her blog is one of the best style blogs out there, combining impeccable style with amazing photography, and she stocks her ebay shop regularly with the coolest of vintage finds.

With Sally Jane, I love that the perfect outfit and the perfect backdrop seem to go hand in hand. I find her photo locations and how they showcase her outfits just as inspiring as the outfits themselves. A bold black and white print against a bright blue sky, a long stripy cardigan in front of a mosaic tile wall (that blends perfectly with the color of her skirt), and the contrast between the lady-like and totally put-together top outfit against the dilapidated brick wall is pure magic! I am loving the rusty red leather bags too, especially in the middle of the blue/gray/green color schemes of the top two looks. All three of these could be out of a magazine they are so good! I could go on and on but I think you get the picture, and what a perfectly composed picture it is!

1 comment:

Sally Jane Vintage said...

Thanks so much for featuring me on your blog and all your lovely comments!