Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Nifty Thrift Picks of the Week (7.08.08)

Sharing my weekly faves from the Nifty Thrift flickr group where people post pics of their nifty thrifty finds:

I love thrifting needlepoint and embroidery art. In fact, the image on my blog banner of the little squirrel playing the flute on that crazy tree is actually a large piece of needlepoint art that I thrifted for Clover's room (which is actually only a corner of our office, we call it "Clover's Corner"). This reminds me that I've wanted to do a post on this type of thrifted art for months but I can't seem to tear myself away from the style posts. I'll try harder...


Originally uploaded by Iwantamonkey


Originally uploaded by Iwantamonkey


Hannah Scores!
Originally uploaded by
Sew Darn Jenny

Anywhoo, I'd love to come across these three lovely specimens in a thrift store! Ballerinas, birdies, and mushrooms... Oh my!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like all of them! I picked up a pair of mushroom pieces today myself. I can rarely resist the embroidered stuff!