Thursday, December 17, 2009

Pretties

When it comes to jewelry wearing, it's sad to say, I’ve grown increasingly lazy over the years. First it was the earrings that I couldn’t be bothered with, then the rings (except my wedding ring of course). I’ve always liked bracelets but they too seem to have fallen by the wayside. Necklaces are the only jewelry item that I manage to wear on a regular basis these days.


Lately though my inner style pendulum appears to be swinging in the opposite direction as I’ve been growing increasingly smitten with the look of big statement rings on multiple fingers, piled on pendants, and tangles of bangles mixed with more delicate wrist adornments… and in all cases the earthier and more mismatched, the better.


While it remains to be seen whether this growing appreciation for “hippie bling?” will motivate me to attempt pulling off something of the above nature, I've at least managed to pull out some old bracelets and rings that haven’t seen the light of day in years. Not to mention, I will be haunting the thrift store jewelry counters with new vigor effective immediately!

(images via: weheartit, the streethearts, smoke and sassafrass, drifted abound, and teeth teeth teeth)

15 comments:

What we four say said...

I love jewelry so much, once you start wearing it I think you will get attached at least that what happens to me. All these pictures are making me want to pile back on my stacked bangles that I usually then wear for days and days! I have gotten most of my bracelets at thrift stores, here in the city there are lots of cool Indian bangles, I have managed to stock up pretty good. Next time you are at community thrift check in the case, they have big baskets of bracelets, I have raided them many times. Good luck, make sure to show us what you find! ;)

Peldyn said...

My bangles are overflowing the bedroom! I love them so much, when they jangle it makes me happy :)
My husband says I am silly but he bought me a holder to keep them all arranged on nonetheless. He is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

How fun! As a person who loves over-the-top jewelry of all kinds, I'd love to see what you do with giant rings and necklaces.

Eyeliah said...

I feel you on that, rings are the hardest for me to wear - they just get in the way. I am hoping for a resurgence one of these days though.

Q's Daydream said...

so pretty!

Teeny said...

I found that having wee ones (kids that is...not rings) in the house prevented me from wearing jewellery. Necklaces get pulled, yanked etc. Bracelets become teething toys and rings that are anything more than a simple band get caught on ANYTHING - like little babies! Anyway, I was thinking maybe that's why you ended up not wearing jewellery so much.

June said...

le "dumpster chic" as I like to call it

Heart Charlie said...

I love these photos! I know exactly what you mean about subconsciously cutting down on the accessories...I go to work wearing a bunch of jewelry and throughout the day I shed it, and cram it into my drawer. The bracelet comes off first, then the ring, belt actually comes off sometime around lunch, and the earrings hang in there for a while, but they're usually off soon after lunch ;)

Manja said...

Oh I love jewelry! But I used to wear a lot more earrings and rings years ago(that makes me sound like I am old, haha) but now I tend to wear more necklaces but I guess it's just because I like them more.

I like it when people wear lots of jewelry but I can't do that because it makes me look like a Christmas tree :(

anne said...

"hippie bling" i love that! i need some myself, i hardly wear any jewelry anymore and i always admire it on other people. necklaces are what i miss most, i need to find some, the ones you showed were awesome. great inspiration!

muchlove said...

I love the sight of piled up jewelry, but every time I try wearing stacks of it at one time, I always end up taking half the things off before I go out the door!

Milla said...

"hippie bling" should be the term of the season! This pics are amazing. I love the keyhole bracelet, and though this kind of jewelry overkill requires the kind of understated dressing I'm not good at, I'd love to try something like this..

Unknown said...

I sent you an award because i love your blog!

http://thedailyfiasco.blogspot.com/2009/12/blog-award-and-new-beginnings.html

Claire Nouveau said...

awesome. i adore the huge rings, and many of them! love all these.
fondly,
claire

Andrea Eames said...

I just wanted to stop by and say merry Christmas - I hope you have a wonderful day! :)

A xx