Monday, July 13, 2009

A'bloomin


... my wardrobe, that is. I laid out my latest, yet to be posted, floral finds (including an unopened roll of rose print wrapping paper). They happen to just about span the decades from the 50's on. The 60's yellow and orange flower power number in the middle was actually a thrift gift from my sis, and a seriously cute one at that.

The two items on the far right are from the flea market on Sunday. I was SO glad to see that the
lovely lady with the magical tarp o' vintage was back! Last month was the first market of the season that I made it to and I got worried when she wasn't there. It was great though, she remembered me from last year and was as sweet as ever. I was also sans toddler, so able to dig happily through the heaping pile. I spent $15 dollars and came away with two blouses, a dress, and the cutest pair of 50's highwaisted shorts... not bad, I'd say :)

Also, some wonderful relatives have been kind enough to lend me a camera until I get a replacement for
my broken one. I'd really love to get a DSLR. We've already got some lenses (from an old film SLR) that are supposed to work with the digitals as well if I were to get a Canon. I don't know though, they're still pretty expensive so I'm not sure if it's in the budget at this point. Then there's also the ease of carrying around a little point and shoot that I would probably miss. Eventually I'd like to have both, but we'll see.

Anyway, the good news is that I have a stand-in and I'm back in business so expect to see more of these floral goodies coming soon to an outfit post near you!

15 comments:

muchlove said...

florals!! I can never get enough of them. Looking forward to seeing all your finds. Judging from this sneak peek, it looks super pretty :)

I really want a DSLR too, but they're so expensive...

ms. teacakes said...

floral print def. goes well with your style.

you rock those flowers!

Manja said...

I love these!

Anonymous said...

Eee! Do show us some looks with the high-waisted shorts, won't you, Missa?

Caroline said...

Very pretty prints. I think the one on the far right is my favorite...but it's hard to pick.

polaris said...

Very pretty. I like the 3 on the far right the best.

The center flower-power one looks seriously like the cover on the patio lounger from my childhood! Seriously late 60's-early 70's to me.

Unknown said...

I adore vintage floral prints! They're so appealing to me in so many ways. :o)

Can't wait to see your clothes finds!

Tracy said...

yay for all your floral prints! i found a veritable garden in my laundry basket last week!

Alexa said...

I'm loving tiny florals right now too...my soon-to-arrive little girl practically has a wardrobe full!

And a small point-and-shoot is oh so convenient, I agree, plus there are so many good ones out there now. My DSLR usually takes pictures at home because I hate lugging it around!

Thrifted Treasure said...

Gorgeous florals!! It's fun to get out to markets without the kids isn't it? So much easier to really browse!! And do get a DSLR, they're worth the extra for the quality of the pics! And so much faster than compacts!

Trish Hunter said...

Oh pretty pretty!
I bet you can guess which one's my favorite. Flower power all the way :)

Fantastic finds!

anabela / fieldguided said...

Very pretty!

I have to admit that getting a DSLR was wonderful... even if my model is merely a "starter" DSLR!

Hannah said...

Yay, I love florals! I can't wait to get a better look at these beauties!

Thrifted Treasure said...

Thank you so much for the link you left to that gorgeous book! It would be perfect for my husband (his birthday this weekend), he and my eldest have a little routine every Thursday where he collects him from preschool and they go for dinner together (butter chicken, rice and samosas) and then get the bus home :-) That tradition will come to an end when we move house this weekend (although I'm sure plenty of new traditions will be born) and that lovely book would be a sweet reminder. Hope Borders or Dymocks have it, thanks again!

Andrea said...

I'm a huge fan of florals too! Especially vintage florals. I found a great printed dress the other week with roses and little carriages on it. Happy camera hunting :)