Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Cute Kids and Camera Woes

Well, I had a lovely 4th of July, all except for the part where my trusty little camera decided to stop functioning :(

While at a friend’s bbq, I was taking pictures of the kids when the screen went black and there was beeping and a lens error display and now the zoom lens is frozen in the open position and I can’t take any more pictures. Nothing has worked to fix it and from what I’ve discovered about this particular problem online, it’s looking like I need to start camera shopping.




Luckily, I was still able to view and retrieve the photos I had already taken, including these two with Clover looking quite patriotic in her new shirt. But, until I’m able to get my hands on a new camera or at least borrow one, posting may get a little spotty.

Maybe I can get my sister Val to take some outfit photos for me with her new fancy pants digital SLR. She just gave me copies of some photos she took of Clover and her cousins a few weeks ago:







She does wonderful portrait photography, especially of pregnant women and little kids. We had just returned from the park where the girls had their faces painted at a small carnival. They were having a blast crawling through the blue tunnel :)

15 comments:

madam0wl, a.k.a Sandra said...

That sounds like a "lens error" one of my Canon's ran into. I did end up having to get a new camera, but I was able to work with the first one for a bit, by literally slapping it back into shape! One of the tips I'd seen online was basically to put force on the lens to kind of snap it back into its normal position. It was a little scary to do but worked for a few more "rolls" before I got a new one.

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Bummer on the camera. I know how frustrating that can be!

Those photos are so FAB!

Rowena said...

I lost my camera at a children's museum last year and it was traumatic.

But I got a new (refurbished) one for less than I spent on the old one and carried on.

Although I would like one of those fancy DSLR cameras. They do take wonderful photos.

Alexa said...

I love Clover's little patriotic outfit! Are those leggings? And those portraits are fab. Too bad about the camera...but if you can, get a DSLR! Mine has changed my life.

Milla said...

clover is so cute! hope your camera works soon again.

Anonymous said...

Oh bah! I hate it when technology fails us. But my gosh, I'm glad you could get a few images from the day. Clover is seriously one of the cutest humans ever.

polaris said...

Rats. So sorry to hear about the camera. I'm considering a Canon DSLR because our digital is so old and the pic quality is so-so, and I'm still in love with my old A-1. Good luck with all that.

Aya Smith said...

Your poor camera >.< So sorry!
Clover is a complete and utter DOLL! SO adorable :)

m.m. said...

aw, what a bummer! I hope you get your hands on one soon!

Clover is suchhhh a doll! these photographs are beautiful!

elena-lu said...

theres my little clover looking as cute as ever!!!
good luck about the camera (dude your sister takes some awesome pics!) and getting back to posting thats a bummer man! :(

Manja said...

The pictures are adorable! Broken cameras stink...I already broke 3...or 4? Whoops.

Liz said...

so what are you going to do? the bottom pictures are fantastic...what does she use?
i actually wasn't too too crazy about my nikon d40, until I got a new lens...that has made all of the difference in the world for me...so with my experience, if you are going to upgrade, just get the body and buy a non-stock lens...im sure your sister would recommend something and youll be taking pictures like those in no time.

Diane said...

Little Clover is so beautiful and growing SO FAST. Hope you find a great new camera soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey Missa, we have several cameras and you can borrow any of them. You should have your man talk to the guy across the sreet to get that DSLR that will fit the lens that you already own. I think it is a pretty savory camera if I remember correctly.

meg said...

these photos are fab! you'll cherish them forever i'm sure!