Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Nifty Thrift Picks of the Week (6.24.08)

Sharing my weekly faves from the Nifty Thrift flickr group where people post pics of their nifty thrifty finds:



If you thought I was strange a few weeks ago for coveting a stapler, well I have news for you. I have moved on to coveting bigger and stranger things. Yup, I never thought I would be saying this but I'm coveting this trash can with all my heart! It's vintage flower power perfection! I love the colors. The look of the flowers reminds me of illustrations from sixties children's books and that cute little white picket fence is super sweet. This wonderful waste receptacle could brighten up any kitchen and like that lovely stapler it too was a yard sale freebie!



a puppy in tow.
Originally uploaded by
hola-lola


When I first saw this basket I was immediately taken with the sweet little scene on the lid. In the photo description hola-lola mentions that it is reminiscent of the basket she had on her childhood Holly Hobby bike *swoon* and how she is thinking of replacing the wire basket on her beach bike with this one. I am so in love with the idea of this basket being on the front of a cruiser, how freakin' adorable would that be?! I only wish it were my own!



Originally uploaded by trash.picker

I love these flea market finds posted by trash.picker. The blouse, coat rack, and suitcase are all great finds on their own but I especially like how pretty they look grouped together like this. The cute little blouse is so summery and reminds me of the lovely aesthetic I was inspired by in this post. And Oh, that vintage suitcase, loving the stripes! So beautiful and classic.

No comments: