Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fun Friday

It appears my shoe curse has officially been broken, woo hoo! I feel like I have been searching for them for ages, but on Fun Friday (aka half-off day) at the Salvation Army, my search came to an end when I found these lovely brown woven leather oxfords which came home with me for a well-spent three dollars, yay! I couldn't believe my luck when I then came across this matching woven leather bag, also three dollars, double yay! I love that the strap is woven too and long enough to wear across my chest which is how I tend to like to wear my bags.


The whole reason I was there in the first place was to shop for a birthday gift for my friend Lucie who you may remember from the flea market post. And yes, I totally buy people birthday presents at thrift stores. I was stoked to find these cool vintage mission cocktail glasses I knew she'd love. But the real treat was the hankie. Now, in all my days of thrifting and collecting vintage hankies, I have never come across a Happy Birthday hankie that I can recall, so I'm pretty sure this one I found in a very random location among some shoes and purses was meant to be. I also threw in this vintage white eyelet detailed dress for good measure.


As if that wasn't enough, I also found this sweet little knit tank (which ended up being free since the lady forgot to charge me for it and I "forgot" to bring this oversight to her attention) AND another perfect little white dress to add to my growing collection! Fun Friday indeed!



<3<3<3

6 comments:

Milla said...

Told you so! (about the shoes) That dress is a dream. And that other one too. Not to mention hanky-heaven! Great thrifting is good for the soul!

Eyeliah said...

Good work, I get a lot of thrifted shoes but for my clumsy feet they never seem to lasy, you've inspired me thou to get off my but and go to the thrift store today or tomorrow!

Cadmium said...

great finds! i love woven leather. those white items are very inspiring!

Alexa said...

That hankie is wonderful. I'd love to get any of those gifts for my birthday!

sophiejade said...

lovely finds - i especially love the oxfords and the white dress!

N said...

Wow! Trotters are really really great quality shoes...and they are terribly expensive for new ones (for me $100 is expensive...haha) but $3! Wow! I had to say it again. That is a fantastic find! I'm jealous of your thrifting skills!