Thursday, June 19, 2008

Flea Market Sunday


Flea markets are so much fun. Especially when they're right down the street from your house and can be enjoyed on a nice sunny day with friends!



Ahh the trinkets, I do love the trinkets! So many wonderful treasures to ooh and ahh over. I could seriously lose an entire day there.


The beauty is in the randomness of it all. The colorful ceramics, the babies with mohawks, the gumball machines, the little girls carrying what appear to be actual (as in once living and breathing) now dead and stuffed dogs (I am so not kidding… creeeepyyyy), the red sparkly retro chairs… all such wonders to behold. And yes, that pillow absolutely does say “bone jour”… you’ve just gotta love it!


We spent a lot of time at the spot where the woman lays out a giant tarp covered in huge piles of vintage clothing. I really wish I would have taken more pictures there but as you can imagine I was too busy digging ;)

This is my friend Lucie pondering a new addition to her enviable wardrobe. Laura Jane, who had to leave before I could snap a shot, found the most lovely vintage house dress. The woman selling the clothes took a liking to Laura Jane and offered her another gorgeous vintage dress for free as it had a bit of a sun-bleached area. Lucky for me the free dress was quite small so I got to take it home along with a pair of perfectly worn-in vintage Levi’s. The dress is green with purple plums and blue CLOVER leaves... how perfect is that?

Also picked up a few little treasures to send off to a distant friend. Unfortunately, I can’t show those as she’s been known to read my blog from time to time and I wouldn’t want to ruin the surprise ;) Will try to get some outfit shots up soon featuring the new dress and maybe even Laura Jane’s too if she’ll agree to pose for me :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so fun! I haven't tracked down any flea markets in Portland yet, but they must exist somewhere. When I was a kid I would buy a TON of old Archie comics at the flea market that was in our city.

Eyeliah said...

amaxing finds, I still can't find a good market in Van (but I have no car and am probably not looking hard enough). can't wait to see your new free dress.

kater said...

I think I would explode and buy almost everything pictured here! Those books especially are calling to my soul!

Milla said...

Hahaa! A certain faraway friend is ever so excited! And I agree with Kater, I have like no restraint around flea markets. I'm so happy about your CLOVER dress, you were wishing for one and here it is. Now let's see it!;)
Huuuug

Cadmium said...

omg, i would leave a fortune here! i always think fleamarkets are so much better in the states than in vienna - but maybe that is a good thing - for my wallet! do post your new dress soon...

Sally Jane Vintage said...

I wish I could spend the day here!

ELM said...

Love the chairs and the luggage! The dogs I'll pass on :::shudder!::