Saturday, April 26, 2008

Buried Treasures

Some might shy away from such a tangled mess, but not I.

Found these at the very bottom:

Two shiny sequined belts. Figured a little extra sparkle might be nice.


The multicolored one was tiny, must be a kid's belt, so I decided to wear it as a headband... all the cool kids are doin' it. I found there was a fine line between ethereal wood nymph and Olivia Newton John a la Let's Get Physical... it's all about placement!

Moral of the story: next time you go thrifting and find yourself staring down an ugly heap of whatever... just dig in! I know... but there was really no way around being cheesy right there, there just wasn't. ; )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings! Just a note in passing...I travelled to your blog through a friend's blog...I wanted to compliment you on your charming posts, and your brilliant sense of thrift-value! You choose the most lovely items to purchase, and display here. And a final, compliment--forgive the forwardness, please--you are really remarkably beautiful. You have a wonderful blog here, congratulations. be well, sincerely, V

Milla said...

Now THAT is a work-out video I wouldn't mind owning!!! As said before you look awesome! I love the colors of that little belt, so dainty and charming...

Missa said...

V: Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you enjoyed the blog and thank you so much for your sweet compliments! In the interest of full disclosure though, I will admit that there are plenty of terrible pictures of me that don't make it onto my blog :)

Milla: Thanks, and you can totally borrow my copy... how do you think I keep my girlish figure? ;)