Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Eve 2009

Sadly, the best outfit pic I’ve got is this classy bathroom shot taken at the party. I just wanted to show you the wacky/wonderful jacket, which in retrospect may have tipped the scales a touch more toward the wacky side.

My attempts to style it in a way that I was happy with, ended finally with me just layering it over this vintage black sweater that I thrifted on the same day, rolling up the sleeves, knotting it at the waist (making it more blousey than blazery), throwing on my tried-and-true skinny jeans/black lace-up boots combo, and calling it an outfit. Not very dressy, but plenty flashy enough for a casual New Year’s Eve party with close friends and family.

Oh, and look... there’s my new camera, and here are some of the images the little fella captured throughout the night:




I have to say that 2009 was not all that bad for me personally, but the party did have a theme. It was Goodbye To The Year From Hell. Horns were a popular accessory.




Ah, Karaoke… always entertaining, always hilarious.

Wain, mastering the art of the bacon-wrapped hot dog:

I know this looks disgusting… and in theory it is, but in reality… a tastier treat than you might think.

Laura Jane found these awesome vintage peep-show shot glasses at a nearby estate sale. The ladies are magnified when the beverage of choice is poured into the glass, so you only get a good look when it contains liquid... genius, no? I angled the camera to keep things PG (haha) this being a family blog and all ;)

Suspect kitchen loitering and remnants of the great cake-in-the-face-incident of New Year’s Eve 2008 on the door in the background.

My nephew Ryland, the fifth Beatle.

This little trooper actually stuck it out to ring in the new year…

… and then thankfully she was out.

Happy New Year everyone, hope you all had a fun night!

23 comments:

Franca said...

Happy New Year! Looks like a great party and I love the jacket!

Caroline said...

Happy new year, Missa! That sparkly jacket is much more wonderful than wacky. Then again, wacky IS wonderful.

Kennedy said...

happy new year to you! and also that jacket rules so hard, just wonderful, not wacky. <3

Anonymous said...

Oh Missa, that jacket is MARVELOUS!

M. said...

love your blog and great pictures! Happy new year

lovelove,
http://marissaexplains.blogpsot.com

Violet Folklore said...

Bacon wrapped hot dogs actually sound completely amazing!
Wow Clover is a party girl at heart hey? :-)

rachel red lips said...

2009 was good for me too!

Milla said...

Happy New Wacky Jacket, I mean Year! Clover looks so cozy sleeping in Lucas' arms. What a little party-goer. You didn't seem to be doing so bad either. Don't however get me started on weenies wrapped in piggies. I wonder if those piggies came from the tump...

Astral Boutique said...

I am a HUGE fan of that jacket! you look like the Queen of the Party world. Awesome styling! Looks like such a sweet party... if a bit horny, ha ha! Happy New Year! (-;

Eyeliah said...

I'd agree its equal parts wacky and wonderful.

Ashlee said...

i love your wonderfully wacky sparkles.
those shot glasses are pretty cool too.

Anonymous said...

the jacket is fabulous!! perfect for New Year!

Looby xx

Manja said...

That jacket looks awesome on you...man, I could never pull of really crazy colored pieces of clothing with tons of sequins. I'm jealous that you can ;)

Alexa said...

What great night shots!

Thrifted Treasure said...

Now THAT'S a party jacket! Looks like a fab night, our was much quieter, bottle of wine, fireworks on tv :-)

Cadmium said...

Love the way you combined it! Hope you had a good transition, looks like a fun party!

elena-lu said...

you look fab! and totally laid back glam yup you know how to work just about anything! happy 2010 to us all! will be wonderful :)

Unknown said...

Not nearly enough picture of your favorite brother in law but otherwise good pics of new years.
Anytime you need me to take photos of you outfits just let me know.
Happy New year.

Diana said...

Happy New Year!!

Claire Nouveau said...

happy belated new year :) love your jacket in the first photo, ...looks like good time and good people and those peep show shot glasses are a scream! heehee

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

Happy New Year to you, too!

Looks like you had an excellent time ringing in 2010.

xoxoxo

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

I really like that jacket.Beatrix's turned 2 September 23. They are practically the same age! Bea is so into fashion now too.