Sorry about the blog neglect over the past week. For whatever reason it just wasn’t jiving with my (or should I say Clover’s) schedule for me to get any posts done. So to get back into the swing of things I’m actually going to do a tag… yes, you read it correctly. I know, I’m a big ol’ flake when it comes to these tags and memes and awards. I guess I just need to face the fact that despite my intentions awhile back to get better about it, I’ll just have to sporadically fit in the ones that I can. Sorry if I skipped over your tag!
So, last week I was tagged by both Tracy of Vintage Found, a new-to-me blog that I have been enjoying very much of late, and Anja of Clever Nettle, an old favorite, to do the Always & Nevers meme. The task at hand being to list 5 fashion always-es (things you always like or cannot do without) for YOU personally, and conversely list 5 nevers (would not be caught dead in) for you personally. Keep it fashion related, tag 3 bloggers, and post any kind of photo you want. So without further ado:
1) little white dresses
2) perfectly worn jeans
3) flat boots
4) floral prints
5) overalls (I may be in the minority on this one, but I have always had a great fondness for them and I think they look adorable on grown women. Now in argument of my case, look at this picture… YOU tell ME which of those ladies is the cutest?! ;)
1) heels for casual day-to-day wear (I’m a flats girl through and through, but kudos to you girls who can pull off grocery shopping in a wicked pair of heels!)
2) NEON (Too bright, I prefer my colors to be more subdued. I will admit that a pair of neon pink ankle socks may have found there way into my wardrobe in the 80’s but I was just a kid, I didn’t know any better.)
3) probably anything that could be classified as “bling” (I don’t like it when things get too sparkly, not to say that I don’t appreciate a shiny element here and there when it’s incorporated well)
4) visors (pretty much always funny looking)
5) Crocs (need I elaborate?)
Milla of The Girl Who Married a Bear
Caroline of Bonjour Mon Coeur
Anabela of Fieldguided
But wait that’s not all. I love all three of these ladies’ blogs too, so I figured I might as well pass on an award to each of them while I’m at it.
This very sweet award was given to me recently by the ever so lovely and kind Anna of Much Love and it was just too cute to not pass on! Again, if I failed to publicly acknowledge an award that you gave me, I’m sorry, they really are always appreciated!