Sunday, February 24, 2008

"Teacups"

They say write about what you know, so here goes. My name is Missa. I live about one hour north of San Francisco. I love thrifting. I have a husband named Lucas who is wonderful in every way, but unfortunately does not share this love. Often when I leave the house I hear these words: "Don't bring home any teacups!" "Teacups" has become a catchall term with us, as I will admit to having a weakness for decorative dishware among other things that rarely if ever serve any functional purpose in our lives. These are some of the lovely culprits responsible for turning "teacups" into a derogatory word. I also have a 5 month old daughter named Clover who I plan to one day turn into my partner in crime. Sorry Lucas...

In all honesty, I never drink tea out of my teacups. I'm actually more of a mug girl (but that's for another day). I decided to look into ways of repurposing my teacups so they don't just end up sitting on a shelf looking pretty and collecting dust. These were some of the ideas that I liked.


Via Martha Stewart clockwise here, here, here, and here.



I am in love with this pincushion available for $9.00 on Etsy from Pincushion Alley.

My plan for a future post is to incorporate some of these ideas into transforming my own teacups into something functional that even Lucas might approve of. So stay tuned, we'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

Sewing-Chick said...

From one tea-cup enthusiast to another: I totally love that pincushion idea. I am totally going to make that! Here's something neat too for you to check out: http://www.domestic-construction.com/for_the_home/

obat kelenjar getah bening said...

hello, I recently made an article about treatment. please visit and may be useful. thank you http://tinyurl.com/q79g4bl

Dani Hamdani said...

This is very interesting indeed really caught my attention. I am impressed
cara mengatasi kebas dan kesemutan
obat kelenjar getah bening
obat persendian tulang belakang