Saturday, February 20, 2010

V-Day




favorite dress




Better late than never right?.. and now that the weather’s gone all gray and dreary again (boo!), it’s the perfect time to re-visit the beautiful spring-like day that was Valentine’s Day. We didn’t really do anything very Valentine’s-y, but Clover running around with her heart-shaped pail made for some good picture taking.

She's been LIVING in that dress for over a week now. My sister found it at a rummage sale for 25 cents. It’s already plain as day, my daughter is a girly girl. She loves her dresses. Lately she’s all about the “fairy dresses,” “princess dresses” and “party dresses,” the fancier the better. She tends to pick one and then want to wear it all the time, for weeks on end. Right now it happens to be this one and I had to laugh when she walked up to me holding it as I was typing this paragraph earlier… “Will you put this on me?”


We started the day off with friends, filling our bellies with these. Then spent the afternoon out in the yard enjoying the sunshine. Lucas went and got a truckload of fresh soil, which Clover very sweetly “helped” him unload. When it rains a lot our backyard holds water and turns into swampland, so with all the rain this winter, it felt like it had been ages since we were able to go hang out back there.


I enjoyed wandering around checking out all the signs that spring really is just around the corner. Things are starting to bloom! Our plum tree is now full of blossoms. I also found this weird shroomy patch under our Bay tree (Milla, I’m hoping Charlie can ID it for me ;).



Lucas planted me a dwarf Peach tree. I’ve been wanting one ever since we moved (2.5 years ago) from our old house where we had one that produced tons of yummy peaches all through the summer. I’m not big on fruit in general but peaches, oh my, now that's a whole different story.

While Clover took her nap, Lucas busted out a bunch of packets of wildflower seeds and we sprinkled them around the yard together. I guess that is pretty romantic now that I think about it.

20 comments:

Teeny said...

I hope your wildflowers grow...and grow...and grow.

Anonymous said...

That heart shaped pail is so cute. Clover's style will probably develop as she gets older I remember I used to wear things like that when I was her age and now I am going a bit into my experimental stage.

From Dolly
XX
http://dollydaydreamsdomicile.blogspot.com/

Hannah said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day :) Clover's antics make me smile every time, I really don't think she could get any cuter!

Milla said...

Clover is obviously a girl after our own hearts. I mean why not wear a pink, frilly number for a little gardening? It's simply the most convenient and it matches those perfect lil' booties.

How sweet of Lucas to get you a peach tree. It still puzzles me that you can't stand any other fruit, but you're right peaches are delicious. What about nectarines?

I'm sending you sunshine as I type this so that those peaches would get started already.

Shelley said...

sounds like it was a magical kind of day... and the proof is in the pudding! gorgeous shots. Clover is just adorable in that dress... and i LOVE the very last photo :)

Eyeliah said...

oh Clover such a princess. ;-) Peaches so yummy!!!

Andrea Eames said...

Clover's outfit is perfect for gardening. Every girl should have a fairy dress to wear in the garden.

Haha, I do remember you persuading me to wear that romper! It took ages before I did ... and even then I only wore it a couple of times before selling it. Really regret selling it now!

A xx

kimvee said...

Thanks for your comment :) Your daughter is so adorable and that dress is so cute on her hehe! I love your outfit from the previous post as well. Hope you had a wonderful weekend :)

kimvee.blogspot.com
ohmyvintage.blogspot.com
omvintage.etsy.com

Manja said...

Ah, I am so jealous of your spring weather, hehe. I love the flower pictures you took!

Ashlee said...

sounds like a lovely day.
i hope your wildflowers are a bloomin' come next spring!

Peldyn said...

Clover looks so cute! My granddaughters are the same way, have to wear a silly dress. Thank goodness I made tons of them for them.

I wanted my hubby to plant a cherry tree this year. It is the only stone fruit I am not allergic to. Now we cannot afford to buy one if this lock-out continues. At least there is hope for my grapes! With all the rain I think they may do well. Last year it was too dry and they were sad little things.

Ginela Gonzalez said...

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog Missa! Clover is incredibly enthusiastic; I didn't have fairy dresses in my childhood but I have'em now :P, and Clover reminds me of how much I loved to play around and have a ton of adventures in a day and all dressed up at the same time. T'was absolutely delightful. Horray for your new peach tree! Peaches taste exotic to me, I can't fathom why but they just taste so trippy. Much peace and love to you and your splendid family :)

Andrea said...

what pretty pictures :) yay for fruit trees!

rachel red lips said...

awww that is a sweet valentine's day! she is so cute and i love that you allow her to wear the dresses all the time! cant wait to see how the wildflowers grow! im sure they will be beautiful and colorful!

Alexa said...

I don't even know where to start...maple donuts with bacon, a valentine garden princess, and a tree planting? This has to be the sweetest valentine album ever!

leah - moxiethrift on etsy said...

i love, love the bottom of her little bare foot. that photo rocks it.

Rebekah said...

I just found your blog and it is so sweet. I love the pictures of you little girl running around, makes me smile. This post does have me missing my peach tree, we lost it to some nasty tree bug a while back, but the peaches from a dwarf peach are so good! Enjoy.

Caroline said...

Clover is so cute!!!!!

Lulu said...

this is perhaps one of the sweetest valentine's day posts ive ever seen. that bucket is so darling! and Clover is absolutely adorable! thank you for sharing =]

postcardsfromdreamland.blogspot.com

ELM said...

What beautiful photos!!! Loving all the cute pinkness and especially your final boot/pail montage. ;)