Tuesday, March 3, 2009

100% Thrifted Picks of the Week (3.03.09)


, originally uploaded by IBelieveInUnicorns.


Damn good coffee!, originally uploaded by sunshineupton.

This week we have Eva and Milla, making the dress/jeans combo look as adorable as ever. It’s cute, it’s comfy, it’s casual… I have to say, I’m a big fan. You can look pretty and girlie, yet still go for a hike if need be… what more do you need from an outfit? ;)

It’s all about the sweet details with these ladies too… soft colors worn in romantic layers and those cute stripey socks… a long delicate golden leaf necklace against a white cotton backdrop… beautiful!




I’ve been known to combine jeans and dresses on many an occasion myself. In fact, Milla even pointed out that her outfit reminded her of this one from back in warmer dryer days… sigh.

As I explained in it’s original post, the inspiration was from the lovely outfits I came across in last year's Cabbages and Roses Spring/Summer lookbook and just today I was reminded that the Spring/Summer 09 lookbook recently came out. Again, full of inspiration with simple and beautiful pieces that have me looking forward to Spring with renewed zeal:




Some of my favorites, including that precious light flowy dress in the most perfectly pale shade of pink... worn over jeans of course ;)

Check out the entire lookbook here and more fabulous fully thrifted outfits in the 100% Thrifted flickr group :)

15 comments:

muchlove said...

These are all gorgeous looks! I love how it looks so light and simple.

I can never quite pull off the dress-over-jeans look. I need better jeans.

Milla said...

as always it is an honor to be nominated so by the queen of thrift! I'm making a theme package, but need a few more runs to the thrift shoppes before its done. huuuugs!

Alexa said...

I am also a HUGE fan of the dress/jean combo. I would wear it every day if I could. These are great examples!

LF said...

ohhh I love love all the layering!! you look too cute & comfy!

Have a pleasant day MIssa!

jess.s.

Diana said...

i love the combo

Anonymous said...

I'm with muchlove: I ADORE this look, but can never quite seem to get it right.

Anonymous said...

so sweet. I love the idea that layers can create lightness.

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Simplistic Perfection...I am so ready for warmer weather again.

Manja said...

I saw those two looks at flickr as well...and they are amazing! The cabbage and roses collection looks very lovely, too :)

Diane said...

Your white dress is perfection. Love that collar!

Anonymous said...

Love these. Oh, it's all about proportion and contrast, I think. Close fitting jeans, loose top. Short dress, long jeans. Heavy denim, light dress, Constructed pants, floaty top. Is this what I'm seeing? Can you think of it working as well with less contrast?

Anonymous said...

You are just so sweet! Thank you very much:) I also feel the need to point out that I used to be against the dress-over-jeans-look, until I saw that exact picture of you:)

Anonymous said...

Always inspiring. I had checked and enjoyed the look book too. It is hard believe that warm weather clothes will be coming again with snow on the ground but I just thrifted linen pants, a linen skirt and red-patent peep-toed ballet flats so inside I know spring is coming.

Caroline said...

I LOVE dresses with jeans! I love spring! I love cute outfits! I love this post.

polaris said...

What a cute idea! Especially as one's winter-legs get back into summer-shape! Love it and love all your posts - just found you recently and glad I did. Thanks!