Thursday, March 31, 2011

Things Are Looking Up

Up Up and Away!

Hello friends! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the flowers are blooming, and this morning on the way to The Farm, Clover and I had our first hot air balloon sighting of the season!

During the warmer months, it’s not uncommon to see hot air balloons flying over the Sonoma County wine country, in fact it’s kind of a thing around here, and the route we take to Clover’s pre-school just happens to pass right through an area where they can often be spotted in the morning hours.

I love the fun and excitement it adds to our little drive when we do spot one (sometimes several!) and Clover becomes so overjoyed each and every time. It never gets old. They’re so whimsical and seeing those candy colors floating against a clear blue sky is sure to brighten any day.

Balloon!

Not only was this morning’s sighting special because it had been months since we’d glimpsed one, but it seems our timing was just perfect because as I saw it heading toward us, I remembered that my little point and shoot was in my bag and proceeded to pull over to try to get a good shot.

Much to our delight, it flew straight over our heads! It was at a fairly low altitude too, such a fun way to start off a lovely spring day :)

Ok, now comes the part where I profusely apologize for all the blog neglect lately. I know this is not the post you were expecting. That one is coming soon, I promise!

This bloggity slump of mine has continued longer than I'd hoped... BUT, the good news is that with all this cheerful sunshine we've starting get around here, along with the warmth on my skin, I'm feeling the inspiration sinking back into my bones and I'm finally feeling excited about blogging again! Fair-weather blogger?... Yup, I suppose that's me ;)

Thanks so much for sticking with me you guys, and for all the really sweet and touching comments on my previous post. I was truly moved by so many of them. This community means a lot to me, it does. So, big hugs to all who read and find some joy in this little head space of mine, I do love sharing it with you :)

20 comments:

Sadie Rose said...

oh my - even the sight of a balloon on a string was enough to nearly burst my heart as a child - i can imagine a hot air balloon is SO exciting for tiny clover. i am so glad the sunlight is kissing you with renewed inspiration and warmth. i was just yesterday thinking about how powerful the sun's effect is on us humans - that first sunny day after winter is pure magic. No one can really argue with that. excited for more posts!!!

bonfire of my vanity said...

so neat! i love hot air balloons. although i am too chicken to go in one. looking forward to your return! i miss your posts! thanks for all your great comments on my blog!

Andrea said...

Love the balloon and yay! you're back :)

Kristen said...

Glad to "see" you back. And I LOVE your posts that have your sweet girl in them. :) The balloon and sky are perfect.

Catherine said...

Hi. I very much enjoy your blog, and this joyous post!

Surely this is a sign of happy times to come! Happy Spring.

sally said...

hi missa! wow, i have never seen a hot air balloon up in the air live and in person -- what a fun thing to glimpse on a semi-regular basis! glad you are back to posting! hope all is well and sunny in your world.

Milla said...

I miss Clover! I miss Clover so so much. I can only imagine her delight and joy over a bright miracle of a balloon in the sky. It's so implicit in that last picture.
A little Clover full of wonder.

I'm glad you're feeling revitalized and re-bloggy-fied. I've missed your posts. Big love. And balloons.

Mrs. Habit said...

That last picture of Clover and the balloon is simply amazing. One of your very best I think (that I've seen anyway)

So happy to hear you are on the up again. I've been a silent follower of yours for quite some time now and I always enjoyed reading (and seeing) little slices of your life unfold. I think, as Milla mentioned in her recent post, this blog world can indeed feel odd and unnatural at times - for me, a constant battle of the brain saying "well, who cares what I'm doing - how self-involved can you be?" to "well who cares if no one reads this as long as it brings a sense of pleasure?" Which is does. So, in ramblings, I mean to say, keep it up. Even if it's not the posts we're "used to" or as frequent as in days before. We are all patient admirers :)

flaming hag folkwear said...

what a magical way to start the day! that photo of the balloon over Clover is beautiful and awesome.

i am glad to hear that your are feeling renewed. i have been feeling similarly this week. everything is just a little bit easier when the sun is shining :)

Squiggly Rainbow said...

How gorgeous - that would make my day! Such a happy yellow too. Winter is starting to set in here in Australia - it's amazing the change in our moods we have with the seasons!

Glad you are feeling better,
Rach (:

svelteSTUFF said...

good to see some life coming from Thrift Candy again 8)!

Cel said...

I love seeing hot air balloons! They have a festival here for them each summer and it's wonderful seeing the sky full to the brim with colourful balloons.

Alexa said...

Glorious, you truly lead a charmed life! How lovely for Clover to have that thrill on the way to school. With Spring here barely a glimmer, this brightened my morning.

Teeny said...

Beautiful photos Missa! Hot air balloons would just add more magic to your day I believe. Such a funny thing to me; little people flying high in big baskets attached to big giant balloons....something i never quite believed was real when i was little. We can only blog when we take the time out from real life, and ultimately real life is pretty important, so don't worry yourself too much lady. xxx

amy said...

These photographs exemplify beautiful simplicity. Something so simple about a hot air balloon. It reminds me of my childish way. I would run to the window and wish on every hot air balloon. It always meant summer and sweetness.

Your blog is beautiful. Following x


kisses,
amy !
www.amyflyingakite.com

Violet Folklore said...

Wait wait, did my last comment not go through?? testing...

Violet Folklore said...

Wow, that was the 2nd time in a row that happened. Okay, so...
The last photo is so heart-warming and perfectly composed and sunny and filled with joyful exuberance. I sure am glad you pulled over. The bright vibrance of the balloon is perfectly symbolic of all that you are talking about here. And the title! So right on. I love it when it all- words, images, meaning- comes together like that.
Y'all are gonna have to take Clover on a hot air balloon ride someday!

Andrea said...

As if Clover could get anymore adorable, now there is a candy colored balloon above her? You have a lovely touch behind the lens (which I think I've mentioned).... really really nice :)

PS: The photo of clover and the balloon sort of reminds me of that movie... the Red Balloon.

Tera said...

What a magical photo of Clover and the balloon!

moonshinejunkyard said...

BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, GLORIOUS MORNING!!!! you and clover have such fun together, even on a routine trip to school. i cannot believe that thing flew right over your heads, i bet she was soooo excited. and you too, come to think of it, i know i would be!

someday....i want to take a balloon ride. i think it would be amazing. i am attracted to everything about them, their colorful grace, the height they soar at, and the slowness of the flight. wine country would be a pretty amazing ride!

much love to you sweet ladies. i'm glad to see you are fully embracing this pure warmth and fun of springtime!